Saturday, October 27, 2007

Caribou @ Troubadour, 10/26/07

Wow. What can I say? Caribou rocked harder than I thought they would have. The best part about this live performance is that singer/drummer/keyboardist Dan Snaith rocks so hard at drums.

Now I'll come out by saying this: I don't know the slightest thing about drums except there are high hats, low hats, a bass drum, and a snare. I'm a guitarist and a keyboardist. Drums and me don't mix. But I do recognize fucking talent. And Dan Snaith has truckloads of it. His drum skills came as quite a surprise! Many of the songs included dual drum banging performances by Dan and the main drummer (I'm not going to pretend I know his name, nor will I Google that shit because it's fucking late and I'm buzzed).

If you've ever heard the word "Manitoba" then you don't need much else of an explanation about these guys. They're indie electronic 60s sounding sunshine pop.





This guy has nothing to do with Caribou but I spotted him at a Halloween party on Vermont. He looks just like him!

No comments: