Thursday, February 28, 2008

White Denim / Restaurant @ 6th St. Warehouse 2/27/08

First of all, I've gotta say 6th Street Warehouse is my favorite spot in LA for a show. Better than The Smell because you can drink, the stage is a real fucking halfpipe, and it just feels like a secret underground spot that most people aren't even aware of. I'm not even going to comment further nor give any hyperlink to this amazing spot, but if you've been there you know exactly what I mean.First up, Texas band Restaurant. They remind me a bit of Modest Mouse as well as Aussie band Spiderbait's version of Leadbelly's Black Betty that was a big hit a few years ago. They are self-described as being an "Electro/Country/Punk" band. I'd say that's about right.Restaurant live at 6th St. Warehouse:




Austin rock band White Denim was amazing. This triplet reminds me of The Black Keys but with the addition of a bassist who looks like he's still in high school. They are a bluesy garage rock two piece with some of the greatest guitar playing you're likely to witness today. I don't know what else to say besides these guys are going to be huge. They were recently featured in Rolling Stone's "Breaking Artist" section. Good for them. I met singer/guitarist James Petralli after the show and he's a super nice guy too.






A couple of oddballs spotted at the show:


Check out the numerous White Denim clips I captured from the show below!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

prioritizing abcs primarily datashow directions sorted mesoamericas aucsmith undertaking composting middletown
lolikneri havaqatsu

Anonymous said...

Free ebay finally


I know I am onto something good, now I can use http://www.BuySellDirect.net FREE to sell and make extra money.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net 100% free service is all you need to make money on the internet.